ABR: Artist Behavior Reflection
As you go through the creative process of a project you will need to be aware of the many artistic behaviors you experience along the way. As you become aware of the artistic thought processes, take notes and snapshots/photos. Upon completion of the project you will need to write on THREE of the Artistic Behaviors you experienced (beginning, middle, and end) and demonstrate with snapshots/photos. A Rubric is used for guidelines and assessment of Artistic Behavior Reflections in digital portfolio.
1. I created original art. “My ideas are original and creative developing a personal style with this project.”
-develop original ideas
- How did you use your own unique ideas in your artwork?
- Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original? How? Explain and describe in detail.
- Did your ideas happen by chance/accidentally or intentionally? Explain.
2. I developed art making skills. “I tried a new art technique, working through challenges to become successful at a new art skill.”
- learn techniques and processes
- explore media
- Did you learn new techniques or processes for this project? Explain and describe in detail.
- Did you gain skill with familiar materials? Explain and describe in detail.
- Did you discover you are talented in a new technique or process or not? Explain and describe in detail.
3. I solved problems. “I was self directed in seeking out and attempting solutions and independently solved problems that came my way.”
- try alternative solutions
- use mistakes as learning opportunities
- How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked?Explain and describe in detail.
- Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?Explain and describe in detail.
- What did you learn today through your art experiences? Explain and describe in detail.
4. I communicated through my work. “I expressed personal content/messages through my art to create a personal connection to viewers.”
- include personal interests
- examine important issues
- What is your artwork intended to say? Explain and describe in detail.
- What issues are you examining through your artwork? Explain and describe in detail.
- How is this artwork about who you are or what you like? Explain and describe in detail.
5. I observed “I focused carefully to my surroundings and was inspired by my environment.”
- observed surrounding environment for inspiration
- observed subject matters closely to capture details
- How did closely observing your surrounding environment influence your art work?
- How were you able to capture likeness to subject matter?
- Why was close observation important for the success of your creative experience?
6. I reflected. “ I independently analyzed my artwork periodically and applied adjustments when needed.”
- analyze work and process
- When did you step back and analyze your work during this project?Explain and describe in detail.
- How did reflecting on your work help you in your art process?Explain and describe in detail.
- What did you discover about yourself and your art during the reflection? Explain and describe in detail.
7. I took risks. “I embraced challenges and took risks to take my artwork or art process to the next level. Thinking outside the box.”
- try new things
- Did you try something that you weren’t sure about in your artwork? Explain and describe in detail.
- When trying something new, how did it work out for you? Challenges and Successes.
- Did you pick a material or technique that was new or different over something that was familiar? Explain and describe in detail.
8. I Have a Global Awareness of Artmaking. “ I look outside of my own personal experiences to understand and take inspiration for art making from current/ historical global sources.”
- Art in history
-Current art and artists
- 21st century skills and how technology affects art
- Art community
- Did you find inspiration from another artist or culture or both?
- Did you use technology as a tool?
- Did you participate as an art community?
9. I collaborated/community. “I actively collaborated with classmates and took on leadership roles during the art process.”
- share ideas and knowledge
- Did you ask another student for feedback during your work process?Explain and describe in detail.
- Did someone help you understand important information or inspire you?Explain and describe in detail.
- Did you help others with their art experiences during this project? Explain and describe in detail.